Copyright © Curiosity Media Inc.
A suffix is an affix that is added to the end of a word to create a new word with a different meaning (e.g. philia, ism).
1. (place of or for; used with verbs to form nouns)
2. (serving or tending to; used with verbs to form adjectives)
The use of uniform is mandatory.El uso de uniforme es obligatorio.
We need an explanatory variable to compare the results of our experiment to that of the control group.Necesitamos una variable explicativa para comparar los resultados de nuestro experimento con los del grupo de control.
Predatory species feed on their preys.Las especies predadoras se alimentan de sus presas.
Hover on a tile to learn new words with the same root.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Learn Spanish with Fluencia
Try Fluencia, the new Spanish learning program from SpanishDict.
- Fun and interactive
- Highly effective
- Easy to use
- Works on any device