Copyright © Curiosity Media Inc.
An interjection is a short utterance that expresses emotion, hesitation, or protest (e.g. Wow!).
1. (used when picking up a child)
"¡Upa, Sofía!" dijo su tía para subirla al columpio."Upsy-daisy, Sofia!" said her auntie to get her on the swing.
¡Upa! Yo te ayudo a alcanzar tu muñeca.Ups-a-daisy! I'll help you reach your doll.
La abuelita dijo, "¡upa, mi amor!", y puso a su nieto en la silla alta.The granny said, "upsadaisy, my love!, and put her grandson in his high chair.
2. (used by a child who wants to be picked up)
3. (used to cheer on)
Regionalism used in Bolivia
Regionalism used in Venezuela
Hover on a tile to learn new words with the same root.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Learn Spanish with Fluencia
Try Fluencia, the new Spanish learning program from SpanishDict.
- Fun and interactive
- Highly effective
- Easy to use
- Works on any device