Eye-o-la

0

"Eye-o-la" is how a word sounds that I hear rather frequently in Español on television.

When the Telemundo show "Vas o no Vas" was on, the word was used often when the host asked the female model to open the case she was holding to reveal the dollar amount. Although sometimes it sounded like the host was saying "o-la" and other times it sounded like he was saying "eye-o-la."

I know he wasn't saying Hola.

I've heard it often (I've heard Dra Nancy Alvarez use it, for example) but since I don't know how to spell the word in Español I can't look it up. I've tried looking it up by guessing at the spelling but that didn't work.

Will appreciate anyone's help with this.

Gracias.

[Cherry: Appreciated your help the other day with my other question and I've now learned the word: catorce.
Gracias.]

updated MAR 5, 2008
posted by justinsanner

0

Since I posted my question (above), I have figured out the word I was asking about.

It is:

ahora = now.

I heard it used in a commercial and "ahora" was also written on the screen. And it makes perfect sense in the context of where I've heard it used/spoken.

updated MAR 5, 2008
posted by justinsanner
0

maybe they are saying ey hola?
like as slang...'

updated MAR 1, 2008
posted by Teresa