Please check my Inmigraci贸n statement for me.

0

I'm writing a statement on immigration for an Internet project. The statement in English reads:

In solidarity with all immigrants,
documented and undocumented.
Thank you for your contribution
to the United States. Gracias.

Google language translator gave me the following translation in Español:

En solidaridad con todos los inmigrantes,
Documentados e indocumentados.
Gracias por su contribución
A los Estados Unidos. Gracias.

Could someone please make any necessary corrections to the statement in Español? I want it to be perfectly correct.

Gracias.

posted by justinsanner

0

Indeed, Google's translator is hardly ever right, especially with a sentence that is this complex (it even changed y to e!).

posted by manutd
0

I have seen the video, an I think the properly spanish topic it sould be:
Desde el Santuario de la Ciudad de San Francisco, el pianista Justin Sanner realiza la interpretacion de una pieza del compositor Mexicano Manuel Ponce.

Your introductory speech say that a pianist and music professor made a copy for the Ponce Score (Quisiera pensar que el pianista y profesor de musica David Witten de la Universidad de Mont Claire, probablemente hizo una copia de la orquestacion original de Ponce) but, sorry, I didn't find any commentary about Dean Jonhson.

posted by Vernic
0

Humberto y Vernic,

This part also appears in the "profile" section for the same video:

Desde el Santuario de la ciudad de San Francisco pianista Justin Sanner realiza una Intermezzo Méxican por el compositor Manuel Ponce. El artista es acrílico Dean Johnson.

Is this part correct? (When I asked about it before on here, 2-3 people said this was correct, but I thought I would double-check with you now considering the previous capital letters problem).

Gracias.

Justin

posted by justinsanner
0

Humberto y Vernic,

Thank you both for your corrections.

There's only one problem: This text that I asked about is already in the video that I was using it for, so I can't change it now. You can see the video here, if you're interested:

<http://www.youtube.com/watch'v=Z-1qD9IJmRA>

I will make the corrections you've both indicated in the text "profile" section for the video on YouTube, but I can't change the video itself.

I suspect Google translator capitalised those particular letters because the translator thought the four lines were four separated sentences.

Gracias.

Justin

posted by justinsanner
0

I just recomend, following an important orthography rule: Shift letthers should only be used at the beginning of the text, after a point, and at the beginning names or a country name.
Change: Documentados x documentados.
Change: A los Estados Unidos x a Los Estados Unidos.

Sorry for my english grammar. I am just learning

posted by Vernic
0

Justin:

Translation looks OK to me. I would mention, however, the "D", at the beginning of the second row, and the "A", at the beginning of the fourth row, are wrongly used. Hence, the paragraph should read:

documentados e indocumentados.
Gracias por su contribución
a los Estados Unidos. Gracias

Best regards.

Humberto

posted by Humberto-Bastidas-Ortiz
0

Yes, I can confirm the translation too, surprising.

updated MAR 14, 2008