HomeQ&Awhat does trios mean

what does trios mean

0

Recently I was typing the copy of a radio commercial and the name of the business was "Los Tres Amigos (the three friends).

I was very careful to type the Spanish words phonetically (to help the announcers without any Spanish) and everything seemed to be going soothly.

Then the other day I heard one of the announcers read Los Tres Amigos as "los trios amigos"'!

When asked by the other announcers on why it had been pronounced this way he replied that "this is right too, this is the way its said in (somewhere) Spain. "

Although my Spanish is now light I did not remember ever having heard that word. Before the client hears this spot and gets upset can anyone help me sort this out?

The announcer in question will not take anyone's word for anything; I need to be able to print out the opinion of someone who knows what they are talking about.

Thanks!

posted by teresa-castillo

0

Motley and Eddy: I AM HERE!!!!!!!! (jejejejej)

Ok, nowhere in Spain not in any Spanish speaking country, I am sure, would "los trios amigos" be correct. un trio is a threesome, as mentioned before, so no way.

Los tres amigos or el trio de amigos o simplemente "el trío"

Ah, and "los tríos" would be several threesomes.

0

Let me see, if I break it down into syllables & go slow, I might be able to get it out by late tonight. You had to look hard for that one. ja,ja,ja
Imagine the cost of the sign!

posted by motley
0

hi motley
i agree. where's an expert when you need one.
by the way, just learnt how to say your favourite spanish word. as a matter of interest, what do you think of mine.

0

I think we need the experts here, this is so important.
It seems to me that if it was trios it would be
los trios de amigos
or just los trios
los trios amigos (the threesome friends) just doesn't sound right

Cherry, Ricardo, heidita, voces, where are you'

posted by motley
0

Hi
Trío means a threesome, the same as in english. not too sure about putting an "S" on the end.