leader board

0

how do you find the leader board'

posted by R-Mc-Gee

0

I am so glad you are enjoying the site, Felmar. We all work very hard to bring you the resources you need for learning Spanish (or English!) so it is always great to hear from the people who use it. Keep up the good work with the lessons and don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Saludos,
Paralee

posted by Paralee
0

wow, are you "the" Paralee? if yes, encantado Paralee! I'd like to take advantage of the opportunity to say "mucho mucho gusto!" for this site. I'm still very much a beginner but ever since I discovered this site, I'm quickly making progress. Your videos are great! easy to understand yet very informative - and the follow up activities really enforce the videos' content. Anyway, I know you're busy so I'll end this here.

Hasta luego!

Felmar

posted by Felmar
0

Ola! Paralee says that there is a Leaders' Board where we can compare our "spanish learning" progress with others. Where is this board located?

Muchas gracias!

Felmar

Felmar,

Currently, we do not have a leaders' board. We recently switched social network providers and are still working out a few of the bugs. In the switch we had to lose a few things in return for getting the site up as quickly as possible. But we are working as quickly as possible to make the site even better than it used to be, so hang in there and keep and eye out for weekly updates.

All the best,
Paralee

posted by Paralee
0

Muchas gracias!

Felmar

posted by Felmar
0

what's leader board?

Not a sport's aficionado?

When you watch golf for instance, it is a listing of Leader's scores (in golf that would be those who have the lowest scores.) In auto racing it would list the relative position of the cars in completing the race, etc.

It's just a ranking system.

At this site it was a listing of who had accumulated the most points overall and weekly by completing the lessons or doing the flashcard quiz's from the Vocabulary lists.

It's similar to the ranking that they provide on the User page where you can see a listing of Users according to their quantity of participation in forums.

Thank you "qfreed" I kind of knew what a leader board is generally speaking but not in relation to this website...but thanks for elaborating.

updated MAY 7, 2009
posted by Yolii
0

what's leader board?

Not a sport's aficionado?
It's just a ranking system.

updated MAY 7, 2009
0

how do you find the leader board?

If you are referring to the list that used to be displayed showing overall accumulated points and weekly totals (gained from lessons and Vocabulary Lists) I don't think that it exists currently. It used to be visible when you visited the Flashcards page or on your MyPage, but I don't think that one is currently available. The only thing that I think they are currently tracking is participation on the forum and in the lessons.

updated MAY 7, 2009
0

what's leader board'

updated MAY 7, 2009
posted by Yolii