spanish 101 conversations

0

So i am a spanish 101 student and am really struggling to come up with ideas for an oral exam we are about to have.

The book I have for the class amistades is not very helpful, at least not for me. So I am looking for sample conversations or phrases that people might use to help build their conversational skills.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

updated AGO 7, 2009
posted by brady-maxwell

0

actually I am searching for a portal where there is numerous amount of conversations in spanish. Can anyone help me with that? Gracias

updated AGO 7, 2009
posted by Rebati-Ram-Poudel
0

here's an Idea that i use...
1. keep a journal of all spanish words that you learn
2. Keep the english equivalent in a different part of the journal

when you accumulate a sufficient amount of words (at least 50% verbs)
goto your english side of your journal and use those words to create imaginary conversations, or stories in English. Then translate it. This will also motivate you to search for new words to fill in where you are lacking.
Study conjugations!!! for every verb conjugation that you learn...you actually learn 6 new words for every infinitive you learn.

Espero que esto ayude

updated MAY 6, 2009
posted by Joel-C-Arpin
0

the oral exam consists of two possible conversations.

1. I run into a spanish speaking student at the book store whom I met at orientation. We greet each other and then talk about our clases and things we do around campus. We started going over this some last night in class so I am a little more comfortable with questions about when courses are takin and stuff like that. I have not yet worked out a practice script with this new found knowledge. I will do so tonight. But here are a few things i am likely to ask or answer.

¿Qué cursos estás teniendo?
Mis clases son de historia, matemáticas y español.
¿Quién es tu profesor de historia?
Mi profesor de historia es John Miller.
¿Cómo es su clase de historia?

I think the conversation is supposed to last 5 minutes.

1. I run into a spanish speaking friend at the mall and we talk about what we greet each other and talk about what we are doing at the mall. I am totally lost on this one the only verb i know is to buy. I guess I could buy food and a pencil.

Mi compra de comida y un lápiz en el centro comercial.
¿Qué compro en el centro comercial'

updated MAY 6, 2009
posted by brady-maxwell
0

How about looking at some flashcards. Have a look at these:
http://my.spanishdict.com/flashcards/show/1412
http://my.spanishdict.com/flashcards/show/1032

I don't know what exactly you are looking for.

updated MAY 5, 2009
0

Brady, no one has replied (after nearly three hours), and I think it's because you haven't told us what exactly you want to know. You ask for ideas for an oral exam, but don't tell us what the exam is about or how it is structured. Are you supposed to write up a dialog and memorize it? If so, you'll have to think that up yourself, as the rules of this forum prohibit us from doing homework for people. And I hope you aren't just looking for a conversation to copy, as that would be cheating and would defeat the purpose of your education.

Work up your draft, and then post it here with any specific questions you may have, and someone will be happy to help you out.

updated MAY 5, 2009
posted by 00bacfba