Yo estoy un chamboa?

0

Is anyone familiar with the term "chamboa" used to mean "slacker" or "one who avoids work'"

updated MAR 21, 2008
posted by Gringo-Numero-5

0

Chamboa: en Sudamérica (sobretodo Argentina) es una palabra de jerga callejera que emplean algunas pandillas juveniles. Se refiere a alguien que come como un chancho (cerdo) y duerme como una BOA.
-También hay un pueblo de Portugal con ese nombre y existe una tribu brasileña conocida como los Chamboa

Chamboa: is a Word used for youthful gangs slang. Refer to person that to eat with a chancho (pig) and to sleep with a boa.
-Also is a Portugal village and a native tribe of Brasil

updated MAR 21, 2008
posted by DaCRoN
0

If you think about it, the cha sound and the tra sound are very similar. It might have just started out as a misspelling of trabajar or something along that line.

updated MAR 13, 2008
posted by Cherry
0

"Chambon" might be the winner. I have no idea what the root might be... I heard this in Nicaragua. Language is super!

updated MAR 13, 2008
posted by Gringo-Numero-5
0

There is a slang word in Central America "chambon" which means lazy or slacker or worthless.

updated MAR 13, 2008
posted by Sally
0

there is a place in portugal called Chamboa. i know that "gallego" spoken in galicia has a portuguese influence. could this have anything to do with it.

updated MAR 13, 2008
0

I've heard it used in Central America... "Chamba" was used to describe work/working. And "Chambador" was use to describe someone working very hard/well.

Chamboa, on the other hand...

This might be a regional thing

updated MAR 13, 2008
posted by Gringo-Numero-5
0

Where have you seen this word'

updated MAR 13, 2008
posted by Cherry
0

hmmmm

updated MAR 13, 2008
posted by Gringo-Numero-5
0

I don't know that word. I found chambao. Chambao is a flamenco-electronic band originally from Málaga, Andalusia, Spain, known for a Flamenco Chill sound that fuses flamenco sounds and palos with electronic music. The name of the band is taken from an improvised form of beach tent that is constructed as a means of sheltering from the wind and sun

updated MAR 13, 2008
posted by Cherry