HomeQ&ADid I conjugate "we are" correctly for the context?

Did I conjugate "we are" correctly for the context?

0

Como se dice en espaonol

"We are polite with the lady" (la senora)

se dice

"Nosotras estamos cortes con la senora"

I don't know if it should be Nosotras or Nosotros. I decided the subject made the gender for the whole sentence but now I'm just really confused.

updated MAR 13, 2008
posted by El-Pescador

0

This helps alot. My teacher is very structured and won't answer questions about things she hasn't taught us yet. If I was to not use nosotros, I'd be in touble!!

thanks for you help

updated MAR 13, 2008
posted by El-Pescador
0

one man amongst a thousand women and it is still masculine. Come on girls, shouldn't you do something about this rule.

updated MAR 13, 2008
0

Masculine always wins out as the default choice anyway, but for we there is no Nosotras unless you are talking about an all-female group of which you yourself are female. Otherwise, even with one man amongst 1,000 women, It is just nosotros.

The only time something like that would actually agree with gender would be with 'nuestro / nuestra' , which means 'our' , and has to directly agree with the object following which your possession relates to. In that circumstance, it could be all men who are in the group being referred to as 'we' , but since the object is feminine then it has to agree with that, as it is a possessive pronoun.

Additionally, you would not even need 'nosotros' before 'estamos' in your sentence above because the 'we' is implicit thanks to the ending in 'estamos' - it can;t be anything else other than standing for 'we' .

Hope this helps.

updated MAR 13, 2008
posted by elguapo
0

Could you tell me why'? My fisrt choice was Nosotros but I started thinking there was nothing masculine to make it that way. do you always use the masculine in the absense of a definate gender'

updated MAR 13, 2008
posted by El-Pescador
0

It is Nosotros.

updated MAR 13, 2008
posted by Sally