Want v Like

0

I am 3 hours into my Pimsleur spanish course. No books, no reading just listening, so I don;t have a clue how to spelling anything.

At that moment they are telling me to say " quero" ( I think this is probably how it is spelt - for I want. - but how would you say more politely I would like.

Thanks.

updated OCT 29, 2008
posted by Roger

0

I am also using Pimsleur, and 'quisiera' has just been introduced in Spanish II, lesson 5.
As you say, there is no reading and no explanation, but I have been able to have short conversations with locals on a recent holiday in Gran Canaria. A big help, with Pimsleur, is to search the Internet and find a transcript of the lessons, which often makes it clearer what the native speaker is saying.

updated OCT 29, 2008
posted by david19
0

Thank you very much.

posted by Roger
0

A more polite way of saying quiero is "me gustaría," w/emphasis on the letter i.

posted by gscottm
0

quiero ---|---|---|- por favor. = I want___|__, please

me quisiera = I would like
Me quisiera una taza de cafe = I would like a cup of coffee.

At this point in your Spanish education, it's probably better not to ask why. That comes MUCHO later

posted by motley
0

The word is "quiero". pronounced "kee-yero" However, it sounds more like "kee-yetto". roll it on the tip of your tongue. Good luck!

posted by Ron-Castillo