HomeQ&ALa Bruxa

La Bruxa

0

I am a musician working on a song entitled "La Bruxa" or sometimes I have seen it as "A Bruxa". It's my understanding it is a Spanish waltz. The dictionary does not have bruxa...what is this word in English, or would it possibly be a name ? Thanks.

updated MAR 7, 2008
posted by Gary-Gallier

0

Thanks for your help Cherry.
Gary

updated MAR 7, 2008
posted by Gary-Gallier
0

it would be pronounced more like brew ha.
Here is a link to a text to speech reader. Just copy/paste the text, choose the language and what type of accent you want to learn along with choosing a male of female voice.
<http://www.oddcast.com/home/demos/tts/tts_example.php'clients>

updated MAR 7, 2008
posted by Cherry
0

That could be true, I have not heard the song pronounced. In that case it would be pronounced Bru - ha correct ? And if so, U sound or uh sound ? Thanks so much,
Gary

updated MAR 7, 2008
posted by Gary-Gallier
0

think it might be a alternate way of spelling bruja. It means "witch'.
The "J" and "X" are sometimes used interchangeably because they can be pronounced the same depending on the location with the English "H" sound.
Some other examples of this are'
México - Méjico
Don Quijote- Don Quixote
Javier- Xavier

updated MAR 7, 2008
posted by Cherry