What does "voy a llamar a Juan" mean?

1

What does "voy a llamar a Juan" mean'

updated SEP 27, 2011
posted by Kellie

0

I've created this page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Llamar-a-Juaaaaaaaaaaaaan/185301838154846?v=wall

in the deep barcelona a few years ago some universitary flatmates created this term. when you are drunk at the disco, in the streets or wherelse and you say "voy a llamar a juan" it means you are gonna puke a lot. The noise you make when vomiting its something like this: JJJJJUAAAAAAAAAANN sound. So the day after you can tell "I did some calls to Juan but didnt answer" (you didnt vomit) or I spend all night long calling JJJUUUUUUUAAAAAAAN

So world alcoholics spread the word and call JJJUUUUUUAAAAAN

posted by Telefono
0

If I am not mistaken, the use of the word "voy" implies there is a sense of urgency, ie. that you are calling Juan immediately as opposed to some undefined point in the future. smile

updated OCT 22, 2009
No, voy is "I'm going". It can be at any moment in the future.
0

It is Jonh

updated OCT 22, 2009
posted by Dragonseeker
i mean i'll call jonh
Why is John spelt Jonh in South America?
0

This phrase means I call juan or i go and call to juan. "Voy" means I go as in u ther person who is saying it. "a" is to. llamar is call and the persons name. It should say " Yo Voy a llamar juan" I go to call juan or im going to call juan same thing.

updated OCT 19, 2008
posted by Emmanuel-Guzman
0

I am going to call John'

posted by greg-mendoza
0

thanks motley and tom!!!

updated MAR 6, 2008
posted by Kellie
0

i am going to call juan

like on the phone

i just left this as a comment on your thing i think.. sorry, i'm new smile

updated MAR 6, 2008
posted by Tom
0

I'm going to call Juan

updated MAR 6, 2008
posted by motley