HomeQ&Apresentador

presentador

0

Not quite sure where to ask this...a co-worker of my husband's lost his daughter after a long illness. We have been given an invitation. "Servicio Especial" and then it says "Estara Predicando el Pastor y Presentador de [the little girl's name]". Is this comparable to a funeral service with an open casket, or a service honoring her life? There is also a "Funeral" beginning early in the afternoon the day before and continuing until the morning. Is this comparable to a wake? My husband volunteered to bring some "finger foods". He would like to express his condolences but we are not sure what is appropriate and the family speaks little or no English.

posted by blueflowers

0

Thank you for your replies. I am not sure of the coworker's nationality, however, since we live close to the border with Mexico most of the coworkers are from northern Mexican states. My son is a chef and my husband did ask if the family would like him to bring some food, and they did say they would be very grateful for that. Another coworker told my husband this is a fairly new custom of having family and friends sit together through the night and then go to the service the next morning. The church the service is being held at is not a Catholic church so a memorial service is more likely. I'll call the cemetery where she will be interred to see if they can give me more information as there is no other phone number to call.

posted by blueflowers
0

I believe the usual expression for "You have my deepest sympathy" is "Mi más sentido pésame."

"Servico Especial" sounds like a memorial service to me, but even within the English-speaking U.S. there's a great deal of variation in funeral customs. You might be able to call the funeral home or church making the arrangements and get more information.

posted by Natasha
0

Funeral

This would be a mass in Spain.

I have no idea what "presentador" could mean in this context.

it would not be appropriate in Spain to bring any food.

Please wait for opinions from Hispanics. If you could supply us with this person's nationality that would help a lot.

0

<http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index'qid=1006042006318>

0

funeral services: "Servicio Especial" and then it says "Estara Predicando el Pastor y Presentador de [the little girl's name. the pastor will preach and will talk about the little girl.

you can say
lo siento mucho and also I am sorry in Englsh and Spanish

posted by 00769608