HomeQ&ASpanish homework, help needed for a role play

Spanish homework, help needed for a role play

0

My Spanish teacher has given me some questions to ask my neighbour, but she's not home and I need the answers to some questions so we can role play them in my next lesson, so would any Spanish native or advanced student be willing to help me out?

Here are the questions;

¿Tienes cuantos hijos?
¿Vives aqui hace cuanto años?
¿Tienes hermanos?
¿Tus padres estan vivos?
¿Tienes mascotos?
¿A ti te gusta Sevilla?

Thanks very much everyone, Carl

posted by Carl-Galloway

0

Ok, lets pretend mi name is Juan and i live on the next door by your house.

¿Tienes cuantos hijos? (Correct way is "Cuantos Hijos Tienes'"
A: tengo 2 hijos

¿Vives aqui hace cuanto años? (correct way :Cuanto tiempo tienes viviendo aqui')
A: tengo viviendo 4 años aqui,

¿Tienes hermanos?
A: si, una hermana y un hermano (a bro and a sis)

¿Tus padres estan vivos? (correct way: Tus padres aun viven')
A: solo mi madre, mi padre murio hace 3 años. (my mother still lives. my father passed away 3 years ago)

¿Tienes mascotos? ("Tienes mascotas')
A: si, un pez dorado y un perro. (yes, a goldfish and a dog.)

¿A ti te gusta Sevilla? (Te gusta Sevilla)
A: lo siento, nunca he estado ahi, (im sorry, i've never been there)

posted by Manuel-Yepiz
0

the same thing can be applied in english depending on what you are saying, examples. my parents are NO longer living. or, my parents are NOT alive

0

Ah, sorry to be so quick then, after the last person's response I've been waiting to see if anyone else would help so I must have jumped the gun before you had the chance to save the correction.

So 'no' is always no, and never 'not', that should be easy to remember, I guess Spanish is more like English in that sense then. We've just come from 9months living in Germany and learning German where the same word could mean slightly different things based on context.

Thanks for the clarification of muchisimo.

Carl

posted by Carl-Galloway
0

i realised my mistake and had already corrected 40 which is written cuarenta.
Regarding parent question "unfortunately NO
Muchisimo is more that Mucho ie very much

0

Yes I am telling the truth, the purpose of getting someone else to provide answers is for me to translate them and then practice with the teacher. And for that reason, thank you for your reply.

So your answers would be

I have two children, a son and a daughter
You've lived here for 40 years (but my dictionary spells 40 as cuaranta not quaranta, is there a difference')
you don't have a brother, but you have a sister
unfortunately not (I think)
no but you have a dog (my teacher explained that mascotas is the term for pets, I'm in andalucia so maybe it's different where you are')
you like Seville very much (I haven't heard muchisimo so I assume this more than normal mucho')

Thanks Eddy, I appreciate you taking the time to answer the questions.

Carl

posted by Carl-Galloway
0

on the basis that you are telling the truth, i will answer, however, if not, the deception will only work once. here are my answers in spanish
tengo dos hijos, un niño y una niña
hace cuarenta años que vivo aqui
no tengo hermanos pero tengo una hermana
por desgracia, no
no pero tengo un perro (i assume you mean cats which is mascotas)
a mi me gusta muchisimo sevilla

0

No, it's no a problem to make up a role play, my teacher wants me to actually get another persons real answers which I have to translate and understand and then we'll role play them. I'm not asking anyone to help me do my homework, this is what I've actually been asked to do.

posted by Carl-Galloway
0

First, you have to try it yourself then someone will correct you. People here does not do someone else's homework.

posted by Zoltán