How may I help you?

0

I work in a retail hardware store and would like to learn phrases that would allow me to communicate at least on a rudiimetary level. I do know some words from elementary school and have tried to learn others here at the store. But I think phrases will serve me better.

posted by jon3

0

amiguito = buddy, pal

posted by Voces
0

Other options to ask someone to repeat what they've said:
"¿Puede repetir'"
"Repítelo, por favor."

posted by Voces
0

Jon,
If you are working in a store, the standard expression is: ¿En qué puedo atenderle? or ¿En qué puedo servirle?
They both mean "How can I serve you'" (or, as we say in English in retail settings: "How can I help you'" or "Can I help you'")
The Spanish verb "ayudar" literally means "to help" but in retail it is more typical to use the verbs "atender" or "servir".

Some other phrases:
¿Cómo quiere pagar? ¿En efectivo o con tarjeta? (How do you want to pay? Cash or credit')

posted by Voces
0

Thanks a lot guys, this is a great start. Now I will teach the others also.

posted by jon3
0

Here are some: "disculpe" it literally means excuse me... but in Spanish it is a common way to approach someone before you ask a question... let's say like "may I help you"

Also you can say this if you don't understand what they've said. Than add to that "me podria explicar de nuevo" which means "Can you explain that again"

posted by LouieMG
0

Thank you.....you are very quick to respond

posted by dave4
0

it is the second diminutive of amigo ie amigito - little friend and amigitito - very little friend, i think

0

how about esta muerto. i am sure muerto is a permanent state, however, in spanish they use estar.

posted by dave4
0

You could say. ¿Comó puedo auydarle? That is a little shorter to remember, but remeber that when you ask, you need to be prepared for them to tell you.smile

posted by Cherry
0

en que manera yo puedo ayudarle