stay the course

0

I would like to know what is the best way to say this clause in Spanish without losing the effect?
I want to say "stay the course" and what I mean by it is to continue the path in which you've started without being distracted, shaken, etc. Thanks!

updated DIC 10, 2008
posted by alexander-hernandez

0

You might try looking up "persevere" in the English-Spanish dictionary.

updated DIC 10, 2008
posted by samdie
0

I believe that the "No bajes los brazos" is a biblical reference to Moses when every time he lowered his arms the Jews would begin to lose ground in a particular battle, so, people helped him hold his arms up, as long as they were up, the Jews would be winning in the battle. As most people know, Latins are very religious and it is very possible that the saying has a religious root.

updated DIC 10, 2008
posted by Nathaniel
0

Depending on the context, you might also be able to say "Quiero mantenerme firme." Give us a full sentence and we can give you better suggestions.

updated DIC 10, 2008
posted by 00bacfba
0

Nathaniel said:

One thing that people would say in Argentina is "No bajes los brazos" - Don't lower your arms, basically, don't give up.

That's interesting, because it English it would have the opposite implication, since we raise our arms to surrender.

updated DIC 10, 2008
posted by 00bacfba
0

updated DIC 10, 2008
posted by Nathaniel
0

Sigue en esta línea.
Sigue así.
Sigue por este camino.

updated DIC 10, 2008