HomeQ&Ala palabra del dia

la palabra del dia

0

I signed up for the word of the day but have not been receiving it. Now I am not sure where to go on the site to make this request. Gracias. Cheryl
'

updated DIC 24, 2008
posted by Cheryl-Fellner

0

Craig, I think it was a Christmas present and be grateful. I'm still not getting one!Cheryl

Craig Turberfield said:

Just to let people know, I received a "word of the day" email today - the first since 26 Nov. Maybe the problem has been fixed now. (Or maybe it's just a special Christmas present from SpanishDict.com!)Anyway, thank you, whoever fixed this! It's a very nice feature.

>

updated DIC 24, 2008
posted by Cheryl-Fellner
0

Just to let people know, I received a "word of the day" email today - the first since 26 Nov. Maybe the problem has been fixed now. (Or maybe it's just a special Christmas present from SpanishDict.com!)

Anyway, thank you, whoever fixed this! It's a very nice feature.

updated DIC 24, 2008
posted by Craig-Turberfield
0

Thanks, Craig, I'm glad to know it is not just me and I haven't followed up on the RSS suggestion. It seems too complicated and I'm still not getting the word for the day.

Craig Turberfield said:

Like Cherl, my "word of the day" emails have also stopped arriving, even though my settings page in SpanishDict.com still say "Yes" to the word-of-the-day subscription. Emails are more convenient for me than RSS, so can someone please confirm whether there is a problem with the SpanishDict.com service? The emails stopped on the 22 Nov, then I received one further email on 26 Nov. That was the last one I received. Nothing has changed at my end.If it's broken, I'm sure everyone will understand. But it's a great feature, so it would be nice to have clarity on the situation.Thanks in advance,Craig

>

updated DIC 9, 2008
posted by Cheryl-Fellner
0

Like Cherl, my "word of the day" emails have also stopped arriving, even though my settings page in SpanishDict.com still say "Yes" to the word-of-the-day subscription. Emails are more convenient for me than RSS, so can someone please confirm whether there is a problem with the SpanishDict.com service? The emails stopped on the 22 Nov, then I received one further email on 26 Nov. That was the last one I received. Nothing has changed at my end.

If it's broken, I'm sure everyone will understand. But it's a great feature, so it would be nice to have clarity on the situation.

Thanks in advance,
Craig

updated DIC 7, 2008
posted by Craig-Turberfield
0

Cheryl:
One other thought in case you opt to get the Word of the Day through RSS feed. I have a gadget on my Vista Sidebar that shows all of my feeds. Since our Word of the Day is the only feed that I subscribe to that updates daily what I have essentially is a list of the Words of the Day always available. Just wanted to inform you that there are other benefits to using RSS feed over email.

updated DIC 5, 2008
0

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS_(file_format)
The link above provides a Wikopedia description, but it is more technical that you need. All you need to know is how to subscribe to a feed and how to read it. Most email programs (I read my feeds with Windows Live Mail)
serve as readers as do most browsers. To subscribe to a websites RSS feed you look for an RSS icon. There is one at the bottom of this thread. (orange and white square). Just click on that icon and that site's web feed will be added to your RSS feed subscription list. Most browser toolbars have an RSS icon (toolbars from Windows Live, AOL, Yahoo, etc) that informs you if the site has an RSS feed available. When I click on my RSS toolbar icon (Internet Explorer toolbar) it shows a feed for SpanishDict's Word of the Day, The Discussion forum, and one for this thread. The first time that you try to read a RSS feed your OS may ask you what program that you want to serve as your default reader. As I said I find my email program to be most convenient, but you may open it in a browser window or with other readers. RSS feeds are for sites that routinely update things like the daily word of the day on this site. When a site updates any of the web pages info an updated feed is sent to your computer reader. You won't notice too much difference between getting the feed or a email, but if you're having problems with receiving email it's an alternate option.

No sé qué es RSS feed.

Cheryl Fellner said:

No se que "RSS feed" es. Soy una novidad en este. (What I hope I said-I don't know what an RSS feed is. I am new at this). Gracias, Cheryl

Quentin said:

Cheryl,If you are still having problems getting the Word of the Day by email it is also available through an RSS feed.

>

updated DIC 5, 2008
0

Quentin said:

>

updated DIC 4, 2008
posted by Cheryl-Fellner
0

Cheryl,
If you are still having problems getting the Word of the Day by email it is also available through an RSS feed.

updated DIC 3, 2008
0

Cheryl, just reset this and let's see if you get the word.

updated DIC 3, 2008
0

I think I did as you suggested. On my page under receive word of the day, it says "yes". Is that the place you meant? Thank you so much. Cheryl

Quentin said:

Go to the My Page tab and select Edit on your profile. Scroll down the list of things to check off and you will see a box for receiving the Word of the Day by email.

>

updated DIC 3, 2008
posted by Cheryl-Fellner
0

We are retooling the word of the day to make it much much better. Keep a look out and make sure you have spanishdict on your safe list in your email. Also, as Heidi says, go into your profile settings and make sure you have "receive word of the day email" checked.

updated DIC 3, 2008
posted by Paralee
0

If this should not work, please let us know, I will call the person in charge to this thread.

updated DIC 3, 2008
0

updated DIC 3, 2008