HomeQ&Acon todo y todo

con todo y todo

0

¿Qué significa con todo y todo?

veo que con todo significa nevertheless, still, pero ¿qué hace y todo'

posted by motley

0

Gracias a todas,
I think I've got it.
I suppose it can be used in both good & bad situations.
The roof is leaking & now it's pouring.
Life is wonderful and I just won the lottery. .

¿sí o no'

posted by motley
0

hi motley
i still the best english translation for con todo y todo is "in spite of everything". in fact collins spanish dictionary states this meaning.

0

con todo y todo , simply means "with EVERYTHING"
its like saying I want everything including the kitchen sink.

posted by steve5
0

It's called "closed captioning" and yes it is for people with hearing impairments. It comes with any language...but VERY often it is totally messed up. I think they just have someone typing it really quickly, at least this is what I've seen when I've seen it (usually on things like news programs) so there are lots of typos and mistakes. So don't rely on it completely when you are using it to help you comprehend what you hear. Ie., you may hear one thing and read something completely different.

posted by Carol
0

Gracias

posted by motley
0

yes, that's it!

0

So I guess like
all this & now this on top of it!

posted by motley
0

Hola Motley: con todo y todo...

será: with all that and all........

Imagine the situation: Con todo eso y todo lo que tenemos que robar....

0

i believe "con todo y" means in spite of. in fact you are saying in spite of todo ie in spite of everything.

0

I need to replace the TV in the bedroom & I'm going to get one with a built in DVR. I don't need any more STUFF like Tivo. More boxes, more wires, no más.

The telenovela has subtitles only in Spanish, which is fine. I think if they were in English, it would be more of a crutch. I find I can understand what I read better than what I listen to. Hopefully that will improve. Since it isn't live, the subtitles keep up with the talk.
I think the subtitles are mainly for the hearing impaired.

I

posted by motley
0

You desperately need a Tivo , DVR (digital video recorder), VCR or something like that so you can replay what you have missed. You have cable or satellite I presume?
By the way, do I understand correctly that you are watching Spanish language telenovela and it also have Spanish language subtitles? Am I off my rocker'

posted by Zoltán
0

lo siento, no.

I write these things down while I'm watching Pasión from the captions & after I write them, I can't remember what exactly was going on at the time. Just judging from the words I wrote around it, it may have been when they broke into someone's house looking for a letter. ie encapuchados = hooded persons

posted by motley
0

Hola Motlely,
¿Puedes darnos un poco de contexto con "y todo"'

posted by Cherry