HomeQ&ALyrics from Cuarteto de Nos

Lyrics from Cuarteto de Nos

0

On the most recent album from Cuarteto de Nos (a great band from Uruguay) there is a a song titled "Yendo a la Casa Damien." The main lyric in the chorus is: Porque me cuesto tanto 'chegar.' I'm not sure of the spelling of "chegar" and I can't find it in a dictionary.

Translated, the phrase means "Because it costs me so much 'chegar'

Does anyone know what chegar means'

updated DIC 26, 2007
posted by Wade

0

Yes, I do this quite often. My first teacher was Argentinian and she taught use to say 'yo' as 'joe' (pronouncing the y as juh). I don't know how common this is. I also do this, for example, with llamar.

updated DIC 26, 2007
posted by manutd
0

La frase dice "Porque me cuesta tanto llegar" . Literally: It costs me so much to arrive.
The accent is different in various places, however the "ll" has a unique pronunciation in some places in latin america. The Y sound comes out something like "zsha" instead of "Ya".

updated DIC 26, 2007
posted by Brandon-Penninger
0

Ni idea. You should post this question on the Word Reference Spanish-English forum. (www.wordreference.com)
You'll get a response right away. When you do, come back here and tell us what it means. smile

Good luck!

updated DIC 26, 2007
posted by Voces