HomeQ&AEl Moyo

El Moyo

0

What is the true connotation of the word "Moyo"'...Is this word considerd offensive racially to African Americans.'

posted by waine

0

yep, im glad i found this out. i have been searching for the definition of this word for a very long time, for like 2 years or so. a friend or so called friend of mine who was from El Salvador called me this and i was wondering what it meant. I never knew how to spell so i had to sound it out the best way i could and it took me 2 years to figure out that it was Moyo. A real friend of mine who is from mexico told me that it meant something that was black, and that it could be anything black, not just people.

posted by dtlj17
0

I overheard two puerto rican naitives use the word moyo and I asked what it ment and I was told it refers to African American. I.E. " Ese moyo habla Espanol bastante bien"

updated OCT 24, 2008
posted by waine
0

I gather that this is Mexican slang for ni''er. It apparently came from prison slang, and may have originated in a common surname in Africa.

You may safely conclude that it would not be considered flattering.

updated OCT 24, 2008
posted by 00bacfba
0

moyo - the Swahili word for soul...

updated OCT 24, 2008
0

Do you have any more context? Where did you hear it?

I looked it up in the dictionary and the one provided by the RAE, and just get that it is a liquid measure used for wine. Of course, that doesn't exclude other possibilities . . .

updated OCT 24, 2008
posted by Natasha