HomeQ&AHabiendo?

Habiendo?

0

Does anyone know what "habiendo" means? I can't find it in my spanish dictionary and I can't find it on the web...help is appreciated!

Adios!
~Nickie

posted by Nickie

0

haber is also the ifinitive of the verb "there to be" habiendo is the present participle meaning "there being" an example of this verb is as follows. present indicative "hay coches en la calle" there are cars in the road. an example of present participle is "habiendo coches en la calle " there being cars in the road.

0

It means having as the auxiliary verb. It is the present participle of the verb haber.
Habiendo escrito la carta, él estaba contento.
Having written the letter, he was content.

posted by Cherry
0

comes from the verb "haber" (to have; but as an action verb happening in the present, forgot what that is called). Present Ex: Hay comida en el refrijerador/ There is food in the fridge Action verb in the present: Sigue habiendo comida en el refrijerador/ there is still food in the fridge.
Another example with a different word would be "corriendo" from the verb correr (to run). Ex Estoy corriendo todos los dias. I am running every day.

Hope that helps!

posted by Javier-Loyo