Mamasita Bonita

0

This is what I called my Mother-In-Law for approximately 50 years. I always siad it meant "Pretty Little Mother." Is it a slang from Tex-Mex origin? My wife and I moved back to San Antonio from East Texas for 42 years where I lost my Spanish speaking ability.

updated OCT 13, 2008
posted by CScott35

0

De nada, sigue hablando español. Buenas noches.

CScott35 said:

Gracias, I misspelled it even looking at it. I always used Mamacita when I signed cards I and we sent to her. I am glad she never heard that it could mean "Hottie". I truly think she may have laughed as she was born and raised in Maryland.Gracias por su ayudas y buenos noches, Scott

>

updated OCT 13, 2008
posted by ltigo
0

Gracias, I misspelled it even looking at it. I always used Mamacita when I signed cards I and we sent to her. I am glad she never heard that it could mean "Hottie". I truly think she may have laughed as she was born and raised in Maryland.

Gracias por su ayudas y buenos noches, Scott

updated OCT 13, 2008
posted by CScott35
0

mamasita is spelled "mamacita" and here in New Mexico it can be offensive as it can mean "hottie".

updated OCT 13, 2008
posted by ltigo