poro

0
votes

poro? Que es un poro? Una receta de comida dice que "hechas un diente de poro." Que es poro en ingles'

5591 views
updated OCT 2, 2008
posted by Letha-Ruiz

15 Answers

0
votes

Approaching this from another angle: leeks would seem to be the most likely thing to add to sopa de marisco. Here's another recipe from the web. It doesn't have leeks, but you get the idea.

http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipes/mucho-gusto/sopa-de-mariscos/article.html

updated OCT 2, 2008
posted by Natasha
0
votes

poro according to my pequeño ilustrado is a calabasilla o calabasa

here is what the dict. reads it is a noun mostly use in Argentina and Bólivia
Calabacilla para el máte.
poro = pumkin
by the way no accent calabacilla

updated OCT 2, 2008
posted by 00769608
0
votes

Creo que James tiene razón porque se halla esta frase en una receta.

látigo said:

I believe that it is the tú command form; you see it misspelled all the time here in New Mexico.

James Santiago said:

Could "hechas" be a misspelled word for "Echa"'Yo lo estaba pensando también. Por eso mismo nos hace falta el contexto.

>

updated OCT 2, 2008
posted by ltigo
0
votes

látigo said:

I believe that it is the tú command form; you see it misspelled all the time here in New Mexico.

Pero aún si estás correcto, eso no contesta la pregunta de qué significa "un diente de poro." ¿"Un diente" se puede usar para decir "un poco"? "Add a little bit of leek"'

updated OCT 2, 2008
posted by 00bacfba
0
votes

I think that "un diente de poro" might mean "a very small hole on the tooth".
Do you guys think if that's possible?

Thank you,

Marco

updated OCT 2, 2008
posted by Marco-T
0
votes

I believe that it is the tú command form; you see it misspelled all the time here in New Mexico.

James Santiago said:

Could "hechas" be a misspelled word for "Echa"'Yo lo estaba pensando también. Por eso mismo nos hace falta el contexto.

>

updated OCT 2, 2008
posted by ltigo
0
votes

Could "hechas" be a misspelled word for "Echa"'

Yo lo estaba pensando también. Por eso mismo nos hace falta el contexto.

updated OCT 2, 2008
posted by 00bacfba
0
votes

Could "hechas" be a misspelled word for "Echa"?

James Santiago said:

Letha Ruiz said:

The recipe is for Sopa de Marisco

I think Natasha was asking for the wording that comes before and after the part you gave us already. "Hechas" sounds like it is modifying an antecedent (a word that appears earlier), and knowing the full sentence, etc., might help us decipher what this means.

>

updated OCT 2, 2008
posted by ltigo
0
votes

Letha Ruiz said:

The recipe is for Sopa de Marisco

I think Natasha was asking for the wording that comes before and after the part you gave us already. "Hechas" sounds like it is modifying an antecedent (a word that appears earlier), and knowing the full sentence, etc., might help us decipher what this means.

updated OCT 2, 2008
posted by 00bacfba
0
votes

The recipe is for Sopa de Marisco

James Santiago said:

A poro is a leek, but I'm not sure what un diente de poro would be. Un diente de maíz is a kernel of corn.

>

updated OCT 2, 2008
posted by Letha-Ruiz
0
votes

Natasha said:

poro can be a "leek," but that doesn't quite seem to fit in your sentence. Do you have any more of your recipe?

>

updated OCT 2, 2008
posted by Letha-Ruiz
0
votes

diente de ajo = clove of garlic

updated OCT 2, 2008
posted by motley
0
votes

A google search seems to indicate that loro can also mean certain kinds of laurel berries.

updated OCT 2, 2008
posted by Natasha
0
votes

A poro is a leek, but I'm not sure what un diente de poro would be. Un diente de maíz is a kernel of corn.

updated OCT 2, 2008
posted by 00bacfba
0
votes

poro can be a "leek," but that doesn't quite seem to fit in your sentence. Do you have any more of your recipe'

updated OCT 2, 2008
posted by Natasha