HomeQ&ASpanish Immersion (Veracruz)

Spanish Immersion (Veracruz)

0

I want do do a serious 3 week Spanish immersion in Mexico can anybody reccomend a serious school? Does anyone have any comments about the Language Immersion School (veracruz). Thank you for your input. Delete Comment

updated SEP 17, 2008
posted by Will

0

hello Jerry,
wonderful suggestions, the town you mentioned SMA is located in Mexican City? or in othere city? I also need go to mexican for studying spanish, I will be wonderful if I can be placed with local family,

Jerry said:

I've studied immersion Spanish in Mexico and Spain. It is vastly superior to just attending a regular school. By living with a local family you are surrounded by the language all day.May I take the liberty of recommending a couple of schools in San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico? My wife and I have attended both the Instituto Hispano Americano and the Warren Hardy language school in SMA. We enjoyed both but prefer the Warren Hardy method of teaching above any others we have experienced. You can check out WH website. Both schools can place you with a local family.SMA is a wonderful town. After visiting it for over 20 years, we bought a home there three years ago.

>

updated SEP 17, 2008
posted by Angelina-Peng
0

I've studied immersion Spanish in Mexico and Spain. It is vastly superior to just attending a regular school. By living with a local family you are surrounded by the language all day.

May I take the liberty of recommending a couple of schools in San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico? My wife and I have attended both the Instituto Hispano Americano and the Warren Hardy language school in SMA. We enjoyed both but prefer the Warren Hardy method of teaching above any others we have experienced. You can check out WH website. Both schools can place you with a local family.

SMA is a wonderful town. After visiting it for over 20 years, we bought a home there three years ago.

updated SEP 17, 2008
posted by Jerry
0

Thanks for the info. keep me posted tell me what you find out.

updated SEP 16, 2008
posted by Will
0

I was looking into that same school. My friend lives in Veracruz and is checking it out for me. It looks cool though.

updated SEP 16, 2008
posted by Kelly
0

I spent two summers in Guadalajara, Mexico and six month in Madrid (Spain) studying Spanish, two summers in Tours, France studying French and a year in Tokyo (duh) studying Japanese. In my experience, pretty much any reputable school will provide adequate instruction. A program that also facilitates living with (in your case) a Mexican family is vastly preferable. The school's teachers are likely to be fairly similar. They'll teach "standard Spanish" but during the rest of the day (outside of classes) , you'll be exposed to colloquial/regional variations in the language that are important if you really want to "get into" the language. Living with a family will also, probably, provide you with opportunities to meet pretty Mexican girls who are friends/relatives of the family. Of course, if you're really interested in a serious school, this may not be an important consideration for you.

updated SEP 12, 2008
posted by samdie