HomeQ&ADoes this sound alright?

Does this sound alright?

0

No tengo razon por la cual creer que se ha escrito mal, pero no utilizo la palabra tras a menudo, y como estara la frase presentada en una pantalla quiero asegurarme de que lo hice bien smile gracias
ME

posted by Mary-Elena

0

la frase era excelente! When I got to the part about the razor and the eyeball, I said, "joder!"

posted by Dexter
0

Yeah, it is. It's used in all Spanish speaking countries, but it's used a lot in Spain. It's a bit milder there.
But, hey, smile that is so not what the thread is about, okay! smile
I just want to know if the sentence was good :

El movimiento de la nube tras la luna presagia el movimiento de la navaja tras el ojo.

Gracias, ME smile

posted by Mary-Elena
0

Thank you ME! I had never heard the word "joder" before ... so I looked it up. I can always use another expletive. They usually get a laugh ... if they don't get you beat up first.

Is it a commonly used expletive? And can you tell me where it is used?

gracias

posted by Dexter
0

Of course not...vivo en inglaterra, oigo peor todo minuto de cada dia !

I understood the metaphor, it came across well smile

posted by elguapo
0

I am saying that the movement of the cloud across the moon foreshadows the movement of the razor across the eyeball.
I'm commenting on the opening scenes of Un Chien Andalou.
Hope I didn't offend you with joder :x It's not that bad a curse in some parts! smile
ME

posted by Mary-Elena
0

I've seen the word tras used quite often in written text, presumably as a shortened version of detras?

The phrase looks good, quite figurative, is it for a creative writing piece'

posted by elguapo
0

Are you testing me today...to try and confuse me !'! smile

Please don't ask me to translate cotton-headed ninnymuggins into Spanish..!

(even though i'm sure it sounds much nicer than joder..!)

posted by elguapo
0

Joder, tio, olvide poner la frase acerca de que hablaba...necesito cafe jejeje smile

Esta es la frase:

Gracias (siento ser cotton-headed ninnymuggins smile )
ME

posted by Mary-Elena
0

Ok, i think i get that you're trying to say 'are you wrong for believeing that if you have written something wrong / incorrectly, but haven't used the word much before...thats when i lose it i'm afraid (help ! smile - something about wanting to ensure the sentence is done well'

posted by elguapo