HomeQ&AVísteme?

Vísteme?

0

"Vísteme despacio que estoy de prisa" I'm thinking this ought to be " Me visto ..."
Where is my grammatical sense going astray?

Meaning wise is this "I dress myself slowly when I'm hurrying " or is it more of a reminder to slow down "Dress slowly when in a hurry"'

updated MAR 21, 2008
posted by Hal

0

it is a REFRAN which means "more haste less speed"

updated MAR 21, 2008
0

Vísteme despacio que estoy de prisa, es incorrecto
la frase correcta es: Vísteme despacio que tengo prisa
Es una locución popular, la cual aconseja a otra persona que actúe con calma y tranquilidad en los momentos más delicados de una situación, debido a que cuando se procede apresuradamente, lejos de abreviar problemas, se suele entorpecer y malograr los mejores propósitos.

updated MAR 21, 2008
posted by DaCRoN
0

Sorry but firstable you need to know that the phrase "Visteme despacio que estoy de prisa" or "Visteme despacio que estoy de afán" is one of this kind of phrases we use in the every day informal language. It's a figured expresion we use when somebody is trying to explain or tell you something very important to be well understood but he or she is doing it "so fast". Then, you interrupt the other person and you use this phrase to let him or her know that you need "more details", "a better explanation of the subject" or some times a slower speaking to make your mind understand a complex thing.

I don't know if this explanation will be useful for all of you, but as I was here trying to search a word in english to use in one of my job documents and I read the wrong translation given by one of you, I thought why not... maybe I can help here showing them the right meaning of that...

Thanks a lot for your attention, best regards,

Oscar

updated MAR 21, 2008
posted by Oscar-Arango
0

oh! I've only had simple imperatives so far. I should have guessed with "ver".

Gracias, Hal

posted by Hal
0

Actually I should have put see me instead of look at me. Sorry. The reason that me is not before the verb is that it is the command. Indirect object and direct object pronouns connect to the end of commands participles.

posted by Cherry
0

Thank you, but the grammar is throwing me. My text just translates it as "haste makes waste". Why isn't the me before the verb? Is the sense really "haste makes waste"? Why is the verb in the preterit'

posted by Hal
0

It says look at me slowly because I am in a hurry.

posted by Cherry