Voseo

0

Hello, for all those interested in learning more about Voseo Spanish, the Spanish spoken in Argentina and Uruguay, I found a really good website, called Voseo Spanish. They have conjugation charts which include the voseo form as well as some activities to learn it.

posted by Adam-Williams2

0

My old teacher was from Costa Rica, where they also use vos often. She actually told us that when she's at home (visiting her parents in Costa Rica) she uses vos almost all the time, but then again when she was in the classroom with us she NEVER used vos. i'm pretty sure it's because she wanted to use what was being taught to us.
I think it's weird that we're taught vosotros, which seems like it's pretty much only used in Spain, but not vos, which is used in Argentina, Costa Rica, and some other countries. Not fair.

posted by Anne9265
0

Yes, I know, but I have talked to her in depth out of the classroom, especially about grammar, etc. Is there an area in Argentinian where this is not common.

posted by manutd
0

Most teachers tend to use a standard Spanish in their classrooms.

posted by Cherry
0

Yes, but I've kept up regular correspondence in just conversational Spanish. Have they spoken this way for a long time? She left Argentina when she was very young, might this be a factor'

posted by manutd
0

In schools they teach standard Royal Academic Spanish, so nearly all Argentine's know how to speak without voseo, but it's the common way of speaking in most of Argentina, especially in the capital. Considering she was your Spanish teacher, she probably wanted to teach you the more common Spanish.

posted by Adam-Williams2
0

Do all argentinians use this form? My old teacher was argentinian, but did not use vos or any alternate conjugations, even in familiar speech.

posted by manutd
0

Thanks for sharing that website with us. I have included it in the lessons under Useful links.

posted by Cherry