How is your grandson ?

1

como se dice "How is your grandson '" en espanol '

updated MAR 1, 2011
posted by paul3

2

¿Cómo está tu (su) nieto'

posted by Cherry
2

Como esta su nieto = how is your grandson, formally if you are not on a first-name basis with someone
Como esta tu nieto = how is your grandson, informally

posted by chicasabrosa
0

Cristalino: the "in laws" are "parientes políticos". So, if your niece is going to marry, her husband will be your "sobrino político". To the mother of the bride, he will be: "yerno" or "hijo político" (this last term is very uncommon).

updated MAR 1, 2011
edited by Agora
posted by Agora
So nieto polĂ­tico is okay to use? From my mother's perspective, as the novia is my mom's granddaughter?
0

Hey, digging up an older post here, but was wondering about how one would say "grandson-in-law" in Spanish? My neice is getting married this summer and mom & I were wondering if there is a word or phrase that is commonly used to describe this relationship? I don't think "grandson-in-law" is common in the States, but just wanted to paint the picture that way... would "nieto por matrimonio" be acceptable, and is it more popular in usage? Thanks! rolleyes

posted by cristalino