HomeQ&AClass of 2008!

Class of 2008!

0

I'm graduating this year and I'm so exctied!!! This has both been the best and worst year of my life. I've learned so much, and gone through so much with school and friends. Even though it hasn't been the best year, I still loved it and had bunches of fun. Reply and tell me about your experiences as a senior (senior citizens don't count... sorry)

posted by Naandi

0

Gitte
Have you replied to the correct thread.

0

Felicidades!

updated MAY 31, 2008
posted by gitte-danésa
0

Some student in England received a cut to the head, a chance of 1 in a billion, billion, and the health and safety warriors are now on the case. I could screaaaaaaaaaam.

updated MAY 31, 2008
0

over here they don't do cap and gown they wear tux's and dresses. and congrats

updated MAY 31, 2008
posted by Janelle
0

I learned something new. i have never heard the correct name. They still toss them in the air at the end of the ceremony here. I guess no one has been sued yet so they haven't put a stop to it.

updated MAY 31, 2008
posted by Sally
0

A mortarboard is a "cupped" hat, something like a skull cap. On the top is a rigid flat thin square piece of material from which hangs a tassel.

Try this site for a picture

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortarboard

updated MAY 31, 2008
0

Mortar boards? What is a mortar board'

updated MAY 30, 2008
posted by Sally
0

They throw their mortar boards in the air over here too, however, one university has stopped it for "health and safety reasons"

updated MAY 30, 2008
0

Congratulations!! it must be exciting1!

Are you going to wear those funny hats? sorry, this celebration is not done over here. I think people throw their hats in the air.

updated MAY 30, 2008
0

What is wrong with senior citizens. A lot of older people educate themselves later in life. In actual fact we have had a women in her seventies earn an honours degree here in England. It isn't only the young who study, graduate and then want to express their experiencies. By the way, this isn't a vocabulary question so I have moved the post to the Congrat/Celebraciones page

updated MAY 30, 2008