charmed enlightenment

1

I cannot find an exact translation for these 2 words, I was wondering if there is an exact translation into spanish for them and what they are. thank you for any help

updated SEP 26, 2009
posted by dave11

0

Context really does make a difference here....

I'd say, "Encantada" for "charmed"

and "Illuminación" for "Englightenment"

By the way, I know several hispanic Buddhists (mostly from Peru, some from Argentina), and they all use "Illuminación" for Englightenment, but again, context matters alot, so they may use "englightenment" differently too.

For a more general use of the word enlightenment, where "wisdom" might mean the same thing, "sabiduría" is good. For Buddhists, "widsom" alone is not the same as enlightenment, but to most people, maybe they are the same thing and for your use "sabiduría" ("wisdom") would work well for "Englightenment"...and maybe "Illuminación as well! Even for different forms of Buddhists, the word "nirvana" means different things vis a vis "englightenment"

updated SEP 26, 2009
posted by arnold3
Great answer, very excellent how you pointed out wisdom and enlightenment are not the same.
0

Iluminacion encontada. But that's kinda high sounding and I fear it would cause more then a little giggling and head scratching if you used it in actual conversation. What you are talking about is "sabiduria" which you would use in normal conversation. Sabiduria is "Iluminaction encontada"

updated SEP 26, 2009
edited by ChamacoMalo
posted by ChamacoMalo
0

Charmed= captivated. enamored

Enlightenment= Illumination, when something becomes clear by an explanation, When you reach Nirvana.

updated SEP 26, 2009
edited by 00b83c38
posted by 00b83c38