Mexican Boxing Matches

0

I watch boxing on the Hispanic channel every week. I only know a few words in Spanish and keep an electronic Spanish-English dictionary by the television to try to understand the commentators. A phrase that I hear them say repeatedly sounds like "po calisto". I'm writing this phonetically and understand that it's part of a sentence but still cannot figure out even a small part of what this means. Would appreciate if you could translate "po calisto" for me. thank you!!

posted by Newbie

0

Ha-ha. I'll have to kick myself if it turns out THAT simple! Yes, it's a good possibility. Is it possible for them to change the gender of the noun to apply to the subject. I definately hear an "o" at the end and I'm watching male boxers. Thanks for your help!

posted by Newbie
0

Yes, this is a very good possibility. Thank you for helping me end this search and I will continue to listen carefully to see if this fits into the context. Much grass!!

posted by Newbie
0

"Pugilista" means boxer. Is that the word you hear'

posted by CalvoViejo
0

Hola: I'm not a boxing fan, but...

Maybe: Poco listo?

This basically means "under-prepared", or "ill-prepared". ("Listo" is "ready").

I imagine a boxer taking a hit, and the commentator stating that he was "poco listo" for the punch that came. Does this make sense?

Buena suerte...

posted by Brian