HomeQ&A"This one", "that one", "the green one", etc...

"This one", "that one", "the green one", etc...

2

Sorry I'm just a little confused on how something like "I like that one", or "I like the one that is the fastest", etc would be translated into Spanish

How do you espress "this one", "the one", or "that one".

Do you just use "lo"or "el"? I'm not sure.

Thanks a lot for your help!

updated Aug 17, 2011
edited by Austin67427
posted by caruso021
Please use proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar in your posts because people here are learning English. I fixed it for you. - Austin67427, Aug 17, 2011

2

Me gusta aquello. (I like that one).

Me gusta eso. (I like that or that one).

updated Aug 17, 2011
posted by Jeremias
2

Not to be a total stick in the mud, but please Caruso021 try to use proper English grammer in your questions. Capitalizations and puncutation are very important, as is the use of proper English words. Be happy to help, if I can. My English certainly needs improvement, I'm still practicing, after 50 years.

updated Aug 17, 2011
posted by royzito
I'll edit his post so it is correct :) - Austin67427, Aug 17, 2011
2

OK :

Me gusta el (el coche) que quema (o usa?) menos gasolina.

updated Aug 16, 2011
posted by Jeremias
0

Just watch this and he will explain it beautifully .link text

updated Aug 16, 2011
posted by ray76
0

yeah but like how do you say i like the one that uses less gas, without saying car+.

You would use lo que when making a non-specific reference, perhaps to a group of things that are not specifically known, or to a generalized idea:

Díme lo que piensas, tell me what you think.

If you are comparing, for example, two cars, you use "el" to refer to one of them, as in the example above. If it were two houses, you would say

Me gusta la de color verde.

That could be better explained, but it is the idea.

updated Aug 16, 2011
edited by Jeremias
posted by caruso021
me gusta lo que usa menos gas? - caruso021, Aug 16, 2011
"el que" since coche has been mentioned previously and is the obvious antecedent (it doesn't matter which "coche") - 0074b507, Aug 16, 2011