HomeQ&AEspero hasta que llegue el día

Espero hasta que llegue el día

0

A friend sent me this. Can someone help me with the translation? Muchas gracias

updated SEP 23, 2008
posted by Spanish-Student

0

I will wait til the day comes

updated SEP 23, 2008
posted by lourdes3
0

Hi Dreamer
Where did you pick this post from. It is 6 months old. To avoid wasting your time, look at the date after the "posting".

0

Dreamer, no offense, but that is not good English. And the original question was posted last December, so it's already been answered.

posted by 00bacfba
0

i hope until the day come!!

posted by dreamer
0

what they said.

updated MAY 25, 2008
posted by not-your-beezwax
0

I wait for until the day arrives.

updated MAY 6, 2008
posted by david-s-mundares
0

LOL!

Yes, the subjunctive is an endangered species in English, which is why it is so hard for many English speakers to learn its use in Spanish (mainly because they don't fully understand its use in their own language).

¡Dios salve a la reina!

BTW, I coach a little league (baseball) team named the Royals, and one of the team parents is from Ireland. When her son signed up I jokingly told her that she wouldn't be too fond of the team name. jajaja

posted by 00bacfba
0

Hi James
I am no linguist and it was just a thought. On reflection from your reply, I can see what you mean. It would have been nice to slot the English subjunctive in somewhere, so here goes.

God save the queen.

0

Hi, Eddy.
I think you are mistaken. The use of the word hasta precludes that interpretation here. Your translation would be of "Espero que llegue el día." Actually, depending on the context, I might translate that Spanish as "I can't wait for the day to arrive," but your English would be the literal translation.

I'm not positive you are mistaken, but I think so. Let's see what others say.

posted by 00bacfba
0

I know that we hardly use the subjunctive in English but this could translate as

I hope that the day may arrive (when my wife is able to give birth). Inferring that she cannot at present but may be able to in the future due to some other circumstances.

0

very alike to portuguese and means: i wait til the day arrives.. I am portuguese, scriber, graduated from law school, self-learner , fond of books and languages and as FERNANDO PESSOA, portuguese poet has said: everything is worthwhile if the soul is no t small. bye.

posted by Jorge-Luiz-Pereira-da-Silva
0

Muchas gracias a todos!

updated DIC 14, 2007
posted by Spanish-Student
0

it means " i Hope till the day arrive" well i`m not that sure im still studying...

updated DIC 14, 2007
posted by Ardelyn
0

Translation: I will wait until the day comes.

updated DIC 13, 2007
posted by Jet
0

I wait until the day arrives. Buena suerte.

updated DIC 13, 2007
posted by Christopher