HomeQ&ASpanish reading material for " the Kindle"

Spanish reading material for " the Kindle"

5

I received an Amazon Kindle as a gift the other day. I know that I can purchase almost any book for a fee. However, I was wondering if anyone has found any sites to download free or nearly free Spanish learning materials to one of these devices?

Muchas graciassmile

edited by Nicole-B
posted by Nicole-B
I gotta get one of these. - TheSilentHero, JUL 21, 2010

6

I have the kindle too and I absolutely love it!

I bought some Spanish language novels, but let me do a further search for some free, or really cheap, Spanish reading materials ...I'll get back to you soon.

P.s. Remember that all books written before 1929 are now public domain and available for free download, e.g., Alice in Wonderland, Gulliver's Travels, Tom Sawyer, etc.

Have fun!!!

4

I found this list of free, or cheap, books in Spanish, which includes "Las aventuras de Sherlock Holmes" and "Don Quijote."

Also, here is Friedrich Nietzche's "Más allá del bien y del mal," " Cómo se filosofa a martillazos," and other cheap books to download.

Other cheap books:

link text

link text

link text

link text

Thanks Marianne. It seems like every site I go to has nothing in Spanish. - Nicole-B, JUL 20, 2010
3

You may also be interested in a Kindle book that isn't a novel. As you probably know, it comes loaded with a dictionary that you can access from any page in any novel, just put your cursor on the word and the definition will appear at the bottom of the page; you can buy a Spanish-English/English-Spanish Kindle dictionary and set it as your main dictionary, and it will become like the original dictionary, providing language-to-language translation at the bottom of your page, so you don't have to leave your novel. On the finding novels for Kindle in Spanish front, I've not had too much success, but I'll let you know if I find anything.

posted by MacFadden
Thanks. It seems like it is very easy to find fiction for Kindle. Learning materials are not as easy to find. Thanks for the info. - Nicole-B, JUL 20, 2010
2

Project Gutenberg lists 299 Spanish language books/audio books that are all free to download

edited by Izanoni1
posted by Izanoni1
2

I have not looked specifically for Kindle friendly books but you might have some luck with "el aleph" They have a lot of inexpensive or free downloadable books and Kindle may be included.

posted by nizhoni1
Gracias Nizhoni. :) - Nicole-B, JUL 20, 2010
1

All my Spanish problems are over. I found this book in the link Marianne posted.

The Spanish Language Speed Learning Course Speak Spanish Confidently in 12 Days or Less!

posted by Leatha
1

That was a really good question. I am just thinking about getting Kindle myself so I have been interested in the responses and advice given.

posted by caza
0

I just found a great site where they email you everytime a new Spanish kindle book comes available:

Libros Kindle Gratis - Kindleton.com

Hope it helps and keep reading smile

posted by andrusito
0

I have 2500 free books (mainly English) on my PC.

One place you might consider is "Notes in Spanish"

You can download the audios for free and if you like what you hear you can buy the Spanish / English transripts and read while you listen.

posted by ian-hill
They're great! - JoyceM, ENE 9, 2011
0

There is a Spanish Language Speed learning course on Amazon. You can get it used for $0.99 apparently. It says that it is compatible with the Kindle too. Cool. Muy Buena! or go to http://www.kindle.co.cc

posted by TeachReed