HomeQ&ACan you please remove Snickers ad??

Can you please remove Snickers ad??

4

Can you please remove the disgusting Snickers ad?? I use and depend on this web site every day. It's awesome!! But that ad is just disgusting!!

Once I found this web site, I found it invaluable. I need to join and find out what other services are available. Thank you again for this wonderful web site. Like I say, I use this site every day. I keep it up on my machines at home and at work.

edited by 00494d19
posted by tfnet
The asnwer is no, the ads are the way to finance this site, so you will have to put up with them. - 00494d19, JUL 20, 2010
I don't like them much either but If we didn't have the adverts they might have to start charging for using this site and that could deter people from using iSpanish Dict which would destroy its Community Spirit - FELIZ77, JUL 20, 2010
So perhaps we should just be grateful that all this help is for FREE ! :) - FELIZ77, JUL 20, 2010
Well if not Zombies, how about bathing suit adds? - 002262dd, JUL 20, 2010

2

Snickers and Zombies in Spanish! What more could you ask for!

Click on the add and it takes you to an amusing video in Spanish. Always useful on a Spanish site.

posted by 002262dd
Okay, I just watched the commercials in Spanish...funny!!! - --Mariana--, JUL 20, 2010
Yes, funny. Who chose Betty White as the image for the English version? - yogamamaof2, JUL 20, 2010
2

I realize the ads are necessary but could they pay a bit more attention as to their placement? I have not ever been able to use the Phrase book, the Chat, the Blog and whatever else is under the very large advertisement.:( Why not put it at the bottom instead of the top? smile

posted by Brynleigh
There are a few threads on this topic. You should post something there. Maybe it will help change things. - --Mariana--, JUL 20, 2010
oops! There is one at the bottom already. - Brynleigh, JUL 20, 2010
http://www.spanishdict.com/answers/150235/cannot-access-more-menu-because-of-advertisement - --Mariana--, JUL 20, 2010
thanks Marianne. I will check it out. - Brynleigh, JUL 20, 2010
It is a bit ironic. The ads today are for the bank I have used for many years and I am beginning to resent that bank! lol The ads are having a negative effect on me because they are preventing a positive action!lol - Brynleigh, JUL 20, 2010
I just reached 4K a few seconds ago! That " sweet little ad" is still there! lol - Brynleigh, JUL 20, 2010
Try logging out and back in again. - --Mariana--, JUL 20, 2010
I just tried it and when I logged back on and 6 cheerful people in the ad jumped up to greet me. - Brynleigh, JUL 20, 2010
ignore 2nd "and"please. I am going to take a break now. Thanks for your help:)) - Brynleigh, JUL 20, 2010
2

Can't say I ever knew that there was a commercial with that ad!! I do want to know how the advertisement agency knew what I looked like?!! smile

posted by Jason7R
1

I don't know what internet browser you use, but you can download Google Chrome for free, and then get an extension called AdThwart which takes away the ads on pretty much every website you visit. This is what I use and I find it to be very effective smile

posted by hlsbookworm
This can be done with Firefox, too. - KevinB, JUL 20, 2010
1

I agree, I don't like the zombie either, so just don't look at that corner of the screen! wink

Maybe they can just play it at Halloween...(sorry, can't resist...)

edited by 00494d19
posted by amykay
Ok, that's really gross, and I put that pic there! Eeeewww... - amykay, JUL 20, 2010
1

In the meantime....may I suggest that you take a look at the Spanish video lessons offered here on SpanishDict?

0

Suggestion: If the ad really creeps you out, put a post it on your screen on the side where the ad is! I had to do that with the paranormal ad that just freaked me out. It was distracting. We need the ads to keep the service free.

edited by yogamamaof2
posted by yogamamaof2
Great idea! - 002262dd, JUL 20, 2010
Thank you. - yogamamaof2, JUL 20, 2010
0

The ad makes me want a snickers. And, remember, you're not you when you're hungry.

edited by lucas322
posted by lucas322