HomeQ&ACannot access "More" menu because of advertisement

Cannot access "More" menu because of advertisement

9

I use to be able to click on another menu option (such as learn spanish or dictionary) until I could find a screen where there was no advertisement and I can use the More pull down menu. Unfortunately it seems that every screen seems to have a advertisement at the top where we can't use the pull down menu.

I understand the need for the ads but I was wondering if maybe there was a way to fix the pull down menu so it can always be accessed. Or maybe there is another way of accessing it that I am unaware of here.

edited by --Mariana--
posted by yogamamaof2
You get my vote, too - sanlee, JUL 20, 2010
I am going to report this again, lets see - 00494d19, JUL 20, 2010
Thank you everyone!!! - yogamamaof2, JUL 20, 2010

3

Try to use firefox and install an add-on called "Adblock-plus". Since I've used this add-on, I didn't see any advertissements on Spanishdict, even the advertissements at the start of the lesson Video are dissapeared.

edited by Krama
posted by Krama
I would try firefox if I could but my laptop is work issued and I can't download anything even though we allowed to use it for personal reasons. - yogamamaof2, JUL 20, 2010
3

Hang on yogamama, I know that when you reach 4,000 points you have less ads and your are almost there! I will vote for you!!!

posted by margaretbl
Really? Thanks margaretbl! - yogamamaof2, JUL 20, 2010
You were right! I hit 4,000 and there is no more ad on the top! My problem is fixed but hope it does for others. - yogamamaof2, JUL 20, 2010
2

This is a problem reported by many new members. Hopefully they will fix it soon!

I have just reported it again, lets hope for the best - 00494d19, JUL 20, 2010
1

Please read this, problem should be fixed , thanksgrin

1

I can't see why you are having a problem with the more menu' when I access it it just eclipses over the advert thus enabling me to use it,perhaps there may be a adjustment needed to your computor or could be your browser, I am using google chrome but have also used firefox without a problem.

posted by kenwilliams
It IS a problem with AOL, because that's what I use, and the More dropdown does not eclipse over the ad - Echoline, JUL 20, 2010