HomeQ&AWhat does hace frio mean literally, and how is it translated?

What does hace frio mean literally, and how is it translated?

0

a. Literally it means it it cold, but it is translated as it's cold outside. b. Literally it means they make cold, but it is translated as it's cold. c. Literally it means it made cold, but it is translated as it's cold. d. Literally it means it makes cold, but it is translated as it's cold.

posted by tttylersamone

3

Tut-tut!

Bad girl for asking, bad boy for doing the homework!

posted by Gekkosan
I love this! We already have a dunce corner for "the elite" Maybe this guy can be our "homework enforcer". jeje - Nicole-B, JUL 19, 2010
lol nice one :) - Kiwi-Girl, JUL 19, 2010
he actually reminds me of someone ... hmmmm - margaretbl, JUL 19, 2010
0

Hace frio = its cold, Hace mucho frio = its very cold

posted by albert-fabrik-
frío - 0074b507, JUL 20, 2010
0

I'm very sorry, but we do not help with homework here. As I suggested in your earlier question, try to answer the question yourself and we will be happy to help if you do not understand something.

posted by Nicole-B
oops, good spotting Nicole, sorry I was posting at the same time :( - Kiwi-Girl, JUL 19, 2010
0

It might help if you think of the way to ask about the weather.

¿qué tiempo hace?

The verb hacer: to do or make means that you are asking:

What is the weather doing?

(we say that too in English sometimes)

the difference is that in Spanish you reply with the same verb 'hacer' instead of swapping as we do in English to the verb 'to be' - it's cold.

In Spanish you could answer:

hace frío - it is doing/making cold - or the equivalent of our English - it is cold

posted by Kiwi-Girl