HomeQ&ACentral and South American vs. Spanish from Spain

Central and South American vs. Spanish from Spain

1

I am aware that there are different types of Spanish and dialects. What type of Spanish, so to speak, does SpanishDict.com use the most in the flashcards, reference section, and video lessons. I ask this because I am talking with my friend from Spain and, I will copy some of the sentences from the reference guide but she wouldn't say it in that way in Spain.

edited by lucas322
posted by lucas322

1

Heidita is from Spain. There are native Spanish speaking members from quite a few different regions. Probably most learners lean towards Mexican/Central/South American dialects, but there are many of those, too. I tend to use Venezuelan slang and swear words, which my Mexican friends think are hilarious.

posted by KevinB
That is funny, I have to pick a dialect lol. - TheSilentHero, JUL 19, 2010
You really don't learn one, you pick it up depending on where and from whom you learned. What dialect of English do you speak? - KevinB, JUL 19, 2010
American: South Eastern - lucas322, JUL 19, 2010