HomeQ&AI have always wanted a tattoo in honour of Spain winning the World Cup

I have always wanted a tattoo in honour of Spain winning the World Cup

3

I want to have "Love, Hope and Faith" in spanish on the back of my neck - can you give me the correct translation?

I cannot wait to start improving my spanish with this site Thank You!

edited by --Mariana--
posted by LYNNEARCHBOLD

2

"Amor, fe y esperanza". The order is changed, but it's the usual way it goes.

posted by 00e657d4
1

I prefer the Chinese-character tattoos that all translate as "Insecure, dumb white boy."

posted by 008f2974
1

My advice...if you get the tattoo save up enough money, starting now, to get it removed. A tattoo is like wearing the same clothes every day....what's appropriate for one occasion (or one stage of life) is no longer appropriate down the line. Your tastes will change as you grow older. What looks cute (or attractive) on a young body looks downright ridiculous on an old body (which hopefully, someday, you will have). Take a look at your own room, or house. The things that thrilled you as a child decorating-wise would now make your friends laugh at you. If your home is decorated in a modern style today it will be out of date in 5 years (or less). You can easily and cheaply repaint your room, but a decorating misstep on your body is not so easily remedied.

posted by Echoline
one last thought....it's far better to have faith, hope and love permanently upon your heart than on the back of your neck. More people will see it there! - Echoline, JUL 19, 2010
1

= el amor, la esperanza y la fe (self-correction made: no accent should be on e of fe (faith))

(Courtesy of La Santa Biblia: 1 Corintios C 13 v 13)

I hope that this helps grin

edited by FELIZ77
posted by FELIZ77
It's a slogan, so the articles are not required: "Amor, Esperanza y Fe". - Gekkosan, JUL 19, 2010
1

Hi, Lynn. Welcome to the SpanishDict forum.

You must be VERY careful in getting the correct translation because this is such a permanent thing.

Therefore, I won't give you my (educated) guess on what I think it is....Rather, let's wait for an advanced speaker or native speaker of Spanish to answer your question.

I hope you stick around to learn some Spanish. I recommend the video lessons, which you can find by clicking "Learn Spanish" at the top of this page.

¡Buena suerte!

0

My advice

Don´t Do It.