HomeQ&A"Restresando"?

"Restresando"?

4

I just finished a conversation on the phone with my friend from Panamá. I told him that speaking to him is bringing back my knowledge of Spanish. He said "Yes, you are just refreshing now," and then taught me:

Restresando la memoria.

I am guessing it means restoring the memory. I searched for this here, on Google, etc. but I am not coming up with anything for "restresando." Can anyone help me with this?

edited by mapletw
posted by mapletw

3

Your friend said: "Refrescando la memoria" - refreshing your memory.

posted by Gekkosan
Quite likely! I will ask when I next speak to him. This makes the most sense, and perhaps the connection between here and there wasn't so clear. Thanks so much for your help! - mapletw, JUL 18, 2010
1

Looking in the dictionary the verb was probably: restaurar

Similar to recouping your memory.

restore

While that word starts right, the past participle is restaurando, which does sound noticeably dissimilar to "restresando" - ebrophy, JUL 18, 2010
1

Is it possible that they said "Regresando"?

posted by ebrophy
Good suggestion! He had me pronounce it at least five times, and it was restresando, but maybe I misheard? - mapletw, JUL 18, 2010