HomeQ&AWriting Español

Writing Español

1

I'm thinking about adding the Office language pack to Word so it will point out grammar and spelling errors. But I mostly write in english! It is hard enough to use the international keyboard for tilda'd letters and the spanish keyboard for ¿¡. I wish it could all be in one keyboard! Any ideas?

posted by aprender100

0

Go ahead and add it. Use the United States International keyboard for the Spanish letters.

It's great, by the way. When you're typing, it automatically detects which language you're typing in and adjusts the spell-check accordingly. And, if you type a word like manana, it automatically changes it to mañana.

I love it.

posted by petersenkid2
Sounds cool. I didn't know the spell check would detect both languages. What do you do for ¡¿? I still switch keyboard layouts. I've thought about taping the alt numbers for those marks, but seems easier to grumble about switching keyboards! - aprender100, JUL 17, 2010
It does automatically detect which language you're using. I don't know how it does it either, but it does - after the first few words. - petersenkid2, JUL 19, 2010
Regarding the special characters - Use the United States International keyboard. - petersenkid2, JUL 19, 2010