HomeQ&ADoes "webona" also mean lazy?

Does "webona" also mean lazy?

0

Does the spanish word " webona " ( I guess it's spelled this way)also mean lazy ?

edited by --Mariana--
posted by raguila1
Just in Mexico :)) - Benz, JUL 17, 2010

2

I agree with Gekkosan and Keven.

"Huevona" is not a nice word in many countries and generally it's a lot stronger than "lazy."

I agree with you all. At least in Argentina it's not very much used but it's kind of vulgur and derogatory speech, it means "big eggs" , very similar to "boludo" -- big balls :)) - Benz, JUL 17, 2010
1

Hello, and welcome to the forum. The letter 'W' does not occur in Spanish words that don't come from other languages. The word can be spelled either huevona or güevona and, yes, it does mean 'lazy'. These are the feminine form. The masculine form can be spelled huevón or güevón. The accent appears in the masculine forms because you have taken away a syllable.

edited by MacFadden
posted by MacFadden
Generally agree except to add that where I come from this is common, but rather vulgar speech, and we take it to mean stupid, rather than lazy. - Gekkosan, JUL 16, 2010
I agree with Gekkosan, but would say that in Venezuela it meant something even more derogatory. In fact, it was considered "fighting words", unless you were joking with a very good friend. Not the most obscene word in the slang, but right up there. - KevinB, JUL 16, 2010
I don't know how long ago you were last in Venezuela, Kevin. It used to be as you say, but lately (unfortunately) it has become an integral part of the youngster's speech. I think to anyone over 30, it stills sounds very disagreeable. I don't like it. - Gekkosan, JUL 17, 2010
I haven't been in Venezuela for 30 years. It wouldn't surprise me that a swear word became commonplace. I commonly hear a lot of English words in public now that only drunken sailors used to use. - KevinB, JUL 17, 2010