HomeQ&A"Estoy arto/ arta..."

"Estoy arto/ arta..."

5

I watch series and it's not the first time when I hear "Estoy arta de todo lo que sucede...", or "Estoy arto de eso". First I thought I just heard wrong (the only meaning I found here on the dictionary is plaintain), but it is a very clear mexican pronounciation, so from the context I guess that it's used when you want to say that something annoys you and is enough. Could I know more accurate meaning or the right word if I am wrong?

posted by swing
Very close...it's just the spelling that threw you off. - --Mariana--, JUL 16, 2010
May I ask ...What series? - LateToDinner, JUL 16, 2010
Unless it is only available in Lithuania ... but you did say Mexican vs. Hispanic ...? - LateToDinner, JUL 16, 2010
No, I just meant that tv series are produced in Mexico. I watch them online on azteca tv - swing, JUL 16, 2010

6

Harto (a) is "fed up" with something or someone.

"Estoy harto de eso".

I am fed up with that!

edited by --Mariana--
You're fast. - KevinB, JUL 16, 2010
mmmm, that inaudible H! thanks - swing, JUL 16, 2010
Not only is she fast, she is usually pretty accurate. They should make her a moderator! - LateToDinner, JUL 16, 2010
:) - LateToDinner, JUL 16, 2010
I agree ;) - swing, JUL 16, 2010
2

It's probably "harto/harta". I am sick/tired of...

posted by KevinB
She gave great context to her question...which was so helpful! - --Mariana--, JUL 16, 2010
That alone deserved a vote as a good question. - LateToDinner, JUL 16, 2010
0

Estoy hasta la coronilla====> I'm full of something as much as it gets (full of food, jokes, job, money)

posted by JorgeViento