HomeQ&Acomo estar'

como estar'

0

como estar, senoritta

posted by brownsugrk

1

"¿Cómo estás?"is how to ask a friend "How are you?"

"¿Cómo está, señorita?" would be the polite way of asking someone that you didn't know "How are you, miss / madam?", though certainly in the UK and Ireland, we would simply ask "How are you?" nowadays.

I hope that I have helped you but I am not very clear on just what information you are seeking. Please see my reply to your other question.

Thank you.

posted by peregrinamaria
I was having flashbacks to military service. "As you were" (como estar) is a command to ignore the protocol for coming to attention when a superior officer enters the room. - 0074b507, JUL 16, 2010
Never knew that! Thank you, gfreed. - peregrinamaria, JUL 16, 2010
or how about 'how to be a girl' :) ok I dropped the 'a' - minor detail :) - Kiwi-Girl, JUL 16, 2010
and it would have to be 'act like a girl' seeing as it's estar but you can only work with what you've got :) - Kiwi-Girl, JUL 16, 2010