HomeQ&AHow do I say, round it up to the next highest number?

How do I say, round it up to the next highest number?

1

I want to know how to tell someone the amount she received was rounded up to the next highest number. Here is what happened. She is being paid for loss of income due to an accident. Her loss continues on a month to month basis. Her first check was rounded up to the next highest amount. For example, If she lost $1450.00 the check she first got was paid for $1500.00, that is it was rounded up to the next highest 100 dollars in this case $1500.00. The next check will be for the exact amount of her loss, that is not rounded up to the next 100 dollars. How can I explain to her the first check was rounded off to the next highest amount, now we are paying the exact amount of you lost wages?

posted by jbarbee

0

I would first say that in English your phrase rounded up to the next highest amount is totally meaningless. Rounded up to the next highest 100 dollars was correct.

el primer cheque:

redondeado hasta el próximo cien dolares más alto

los cheques subsiguientes

de la cantidad precisa de los sueldos perdidos

Not a native. Just guessing a starting point. Wait for a native to eply.