HomeQ&AJust wanted to share a laugh...

Just wanted to share a laugh...

3

I just want to share this with you guys, because it made me chuckle.

So, I know I can't be the only one who is sometimes annoyed by those blue translation boxes that pop up while you are posting a comment or answer, giving you a suggestion for a word, and disclaiming that it "may not be accurate."

Well, the ultimate happened just moments ago. A little blue box popped up that said

? = ? This may not be accurate

Who has made the poor little box so insecure, that it is not even confident in the fact that a question mark in Spanish is a question mark in English?! haha

What can I say? I am easily amused.

posted by megan5
lol, good one megan! jejeje - 00494d19, JUL 15, 2010

1

That is rich!! Too funny! wink

posted by Jason7R
1

Deep seated insecutity

posted by nizhoni1
1

What if it said.... ¿?=?

Might that be more accurate?

Accuracy has nothing to do with it, you always get the caveat: (May not be accurate) Try it on a decimal point, Even the little dot comes with the warning! - LateToDinner, JUL 15, 2010
haha it possibly would be more accurate. - megan5, JUL 15, 2010
1

Haha Don't worry, I understand the comedy in this. You aren't alone!

posted by Perry-Bleiberg
1

I laugh with you Megan. The thought that it generates is funny but it is a caveat that is generated with every answer it gives.

Better safe than sorry? This too may not be accurate.

edited by LateToDinner
posted by LateToDinner
haha yeah, I am glad it does it most of the time, this just hit me really funny xD - megan5, JUL 15, 2010
0

I don't get what you are saying?

posted by HollyJ
It just stated that a question mark is a question mark... and then said that it may not be right! I know its a general disclaimer, it just made me laugh. Again, I'm easily amused. - megan5, JUL 15, 2010