HomeQ&AMaldición que se siente bien ser gángster

Maldición que se siente bien ser gángster

2

Does this work as intended?

posted by jeezzle

2

In my view, the answer lies somewhere between what María-Claire said and Marposita's answer. What you wrote is a direct translation of "Damn it feels good to be a Gangster!", which is ok inasmuch as we can understand what you mean, but it is not a natural expression.

Mariposita´s answer is best, except that it is missing the "Damn" part. Quite frankly, I feel that it would only sound equally satisfying if one of several colorful Spanish words took the place of "Damn" - but we aren't supposed to used those fun words in this Forum. So I'll substitute with some milder euphemisms.

"¡Qué bien se siente ser un gángster, caracho!"

"¡Concho, qué bien se siente ser un gángster!"

"¡Qué bien se siente ser un puro gángster, no jile!

Hopefully you get the idea... snake

posted by Gekkosan
1

Did you write this? I say it does work; I understand what you mean.

posted by maripositaxx
Yeah, awesome. - jeezzle, JUL 13, 2010
mariposita, you understand because you are not spanish, this is compleltey off - 00494d19, JUL 14, 2010
I see what he was trying to do now; I understood something completely different than what he meant. - maripositaxx, JUL 15, 2010
1

You're saying that it's sad that people feel good to be or are proud of being a gangster. Or, it could even mean that it's sad that you feel good to be a gangster. That was my first impression when I read it (that you). Did I interpret it well?

edited by maripositaxx
posted by maripositaxx
Close, but I don't mean it in a negative connotation. - jeezzle, JUL 13, 2010
1

If you want a positive connotation: ¡Qué bien se siente ser gángster!

edited by maripositaxx
posted by maripositaxx
1

If you want to say it like: 'Damn, it's good to be a gangster' perhaps it would be better to use 'caray' or some such word as an interjection because I think in Spanish 'maldición' would always carry a negative connotation.

Just my take though smile

posted by Kiwi-Girl
I don't know. Maldicion has a sort of dirty grittiness to it. - jeezzle, JUL 13, 2010
jaja u ganster u :) - Kiwi-Girl, JUL 14, 2010
1

Thank you Bushwick Bill

posted by Izanoni1