HomeQ&Amy race and spanish

my race and spanish

2

well im a black girl and most of my friends are mexicans and i want to learn spanish so that i can understand what they r saying and stuff and i can talk in spanish with them will i be able to speack spanish in a month or so

posted by channe24
Welcome to the forum. SInce people are learning English here as well it is important that you use proper grammar capitalization and punctuation - nizhoni1, JUL 13, 2010

3

Being black is almost certainly, irrelevant. Having many Mexican friends is almost certainly a definite plus (assuming that you want to learn Spanish as spoken in (some region) of Mexico). One month is somewhat unrealistic as a time frame.

posted by samdie
I was wondering why that was thrown in myself? - 0074b507, JUL 14, 2010
2

Depending on how much effort you put in will determine what you get out. I'm sure if you spend a ton of time on this site participating in the classes and fully making the effort to learn, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to learn enough spanish to hold a conversation with them. You won't be fluent by all means, that takes some time, but you'll definitely have a grasp on what is being said.

Just remember, what you put in will determine what you get out.

posted by tysuru
1

i can talk in spanish with them will i be able to speack spanish in a month or so

Trust me, nowink

Teacher talkingraspberry

Welcome to the forum, please use correct spelling, mandatory on this site.

1

Hello, and welcome to the forum. Unless you are some sort of freakishly talented language learner, you will not be able to converse with your friends the way they do within a month. However, a lot of progress can be made in a month. Depending on how much you practice (and it sounds like you will have lots of opportunities) it is possible to progress quickly. Despite this, it is best not to expect to be proficient within any set period of time, because this will make it easy to become dispirited. It is a process, and you will have many small landmarks along the way. The best route I can think of is to take advantage of free Spanish classes in school and supplement this with lessons on this site or some other sort of online lessons and activities, watch Spanish TV, listen to Spanish radio, etc., and to practice with your friends. If you have any questions or need support, we are here to help. Good luck.

edited by MacFadden
posted by MacFadden
1

You go girl! grin

posted by petersenkid2