HomeQ&Ahow to say "I will"

how to say "I will"

1

i know this isnt a forum for "how to say" but ive been teaching mysel spanish and this is something i struggle with alot..would it be Yo Hare?

posted by loco_blaxican
Remember that "will" is not a verb - it is a modal. - ian-hill, JUL 14, 2010

4

I will is a verb tense. Future tense. There is not word for "will". You conjugate the verb in the future tense. Yo haré is I will do/make.

posted by socceryo3
3

You need to provide some context here Please explain what you want to say in more detail in future as Context is key to understanding and translating accurately

For example; I will go to Madrid tomorrow

= Voy a Madrid mañana

The present tense is used for events that will take place in the near future

or, I am going to do it later =

Voy a hacerlo más tarde

I will do it = lo haré (or I shall do it) using the future tense

You do not need to use personal pronouns most of the time as the verb should be conjugated for the right person eg: voy = I go, I am going

I hope that this helps you grin

edited by FELIZ77
posted by FELIZ77
2

Better to say Lo haré. This shows you will do something (unspecific).

If , on the other hand, you want a simple future tense, such as I am going to do... you can use "Voy a" and whatever verb. For example, I am going to buy a book, Voy a comprar un libro.

posted by DonK
1

It is right sentence: Yo haré is I will do/make.

posted by Mustafa_Said
I gave you a vote it is better English to say your sentance is correct than it is right sentance although what you said can be understood - FELIZ77, JUL 13, 2010
"Right sentence" is incorrect. "Correct sentence," "The sentence is right," The sentence is correct" - 005faa61, JUL 14, 2010
1

i think "lo hare" hits it right on the nose in that situation.

As long as the context of the conversation makes it clear what action you "will be doing/performing", "Lo haré." works (It's somewhat like saying "I'll do that" [your listener needs to know what "that" refers to]).

However do not make the mistake of thinking that "haré" means "will", it doesn't; it means "I will do". As already pointed out by others, there is no word in Spanish that exactly corresponds to "will" (to mean futurity) in English. It's simply built in to the inflected form of the (whatever) verb (or into the periphrastic "going to ...") e.g. I will eat - comeré (voy a comer) / I will sing / cantaré (voy a cantar), etc.

posted by samdie
0

In that case you could say: "Sí, claro' smile

posted by Kiwi-Girl
t can be used pretty much like 'sure thing' in English although it directly translates as 'yes, clearly or of course' :) - Kiwi-Girl, JUL 14, 2010
or even 'claro que sí; :) - Kiwi-Girl, JUL 14, 2010
0

thanks you guys..what i meant when i said "i will" is if somebody tells me to call them or come to a party..im around alot of foreigners from peru and i get stuck alot of times on how to say something and they dont speak english...i think "lo hare" hits it right on the nose in that situation...gracias a todos!!!

posted by loco_blaxican