HomeQ&AI hope you enjoy your 8 days off!

I hope you enjoy your 8 days off!

2

How would you say "I hope you enjoy your 8 days off"? When I say "off", I am referring to work. How would that normally be said in español? Also, if I wanted to exaggerate the "ocho" with a friendly hint of jealousy, would it be something like "ooocho"? Thanks in advance!!!

edited by kenmasters
posted by kenmasters
or a hint of friendly jealousy! If you are speaking it (vs. writing) I like the ooocho but just in fun. - LateToDinner, JUL 13, 2010

0

Hi Ken.

I'd say...

Espero que te gusten los OCHO días de tiempo libre!

edited by --Mariana--
"guste", as opposed to "gustes"? - kenmasters, JUL 13, 2010
woudn't that need to be "gusten" - Izanoni1, JUL 13, 2010
Thanks, Iza. Ken, it's "gusten" because we are talking about the days off pleasing her. - --Mariana--, JUL 13, 2010
0

Espero que pases bien el puente.

I hope that you enjoy your days off.

posted by JorgeViento
0

Just remember that if you want to use a construction that begins with "I hope" or another emotion, you have to use the subjuntive form of the following verb. Things like "espero que" or "quiero que" and "ojalá que" need the subjunctive to follow the que. This is a higher level of spanish, but always good to keep in mind. =p

posted by rockdown667